Gift Box Topiary
- FloraCraft® Foam Cubes: 8”; 5”; 3”, two
- FloraCraft® Design It:® Simple Style® Decorative Mesh: White, 10”; Light Green, 10”; Red, 6”
- Red metallic wrapping paper
- Holiday print paper, two coordinating designs
- Wooden dowels: 8”, 6”
- Floral pins
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- 1. Wrap 8” cube with wrapping paper as you would a present; adhere in place using glue gun. Gather White mesh together to create 2”-wide strip. Wrap strip around sides of cube like ribbon as shown. Cut and secure ends of mesh in place using floral pins. Make bow using white mesh and secure to top of gift using glue gun and pins.
- 2. Adhere holiday print paper to sides of 5” cube. Stack and adhere 3” cubes together; adhere holiday print paper to sides.
- 3. Wrap 2”-wide gathered strip of Green mesh around 5” cube and secure in place with pins. Cut eight 8” lengths of Green mesh; roll each into tight tube. Fold each tube in half and pin folded ends to top of gift for curly bow. See Photo 1, Photo 2, and Photo 3. Make small bow from 6” Red mesh and pin to top of stacked 3” cubes. (see photos)
- 4. Insert 8” dowel halfway into bottom of 5” cube. Insert other side into top of 8” cube through bow. Insert 6” wooden dowel halfway into 3” cube. Insert other side into top of 5” cube through bow. Do not glue dowels into foam to make post-holiday storage easier.
- 1. Mix and match leftover wrapping paper to create fun centerpiece and table displays for your holiday parties.
by Dondi Richardson for FloraCraft®