- FloraCraft Foam Wreaths, 14”, three
- Red felt, 1-1/4 yds.
- Pearl-head pins
- Yarn: white, green
- Ribbon, 1-1/2”-wide
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- 1. Cut 44”x7-1/2” strip of felt. Wrap felt snugly around outside edge of first wreath with 1/2” of fabric extending beyond back of wreath. See Photo 1. Cut felt ends flush where they meet on wreath to help conceal seam. Use glue gun to secure felt ends. Fold and adhere 1/2” of felt to back all around wreath. See Photo 2. (see photos)
- 2. Begin wrapping felt around front of wreath and through center to back as shown. See Photo 3. Stretch felt and smooth out wrinkles as you go. Adhere felt edge all around back of wreath to secure. (see photos)
- 3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for each wreath.
- 4. Using photo as guide, position pearl-head pins onto wreaths in desired patterns. Insert pins into wreath along inside and outside edges for stringing patterns in Step 5.
- 5. Adhere one end of yarn under first pin. String yarn in desired pattern. See Photo 4. Cut and adhere yarn end under last pin. Continue to add second color of yarn and complete design. (see photos)
- 6. Cut ribbon length for hanger. Pin ribbon to back of each wreath and secure with glue gun.
- 1. Felt is a wonderful fabric to use with FloraCraft foam because it will mold to the surface with only gentle shaping.
by Dondi Richardson for FloraCraft