Spook-tacular Magnetic Chalkboard
Use a metal chalkboard and Hampton Art stamps to create your family's own spook-tacular Halloween greeting.
- Kraft Klub, Inc. Flat Black Horizontal Metal Chalkboard (KK8761-B), 12-3/4”x10-1/2”
- Kraft Klub, Inc. Black Button Magnets: 1/2" diameter, 24; 3/4” diameter, nine
- Hampton Art Jillibean Soup Papers: Grandma’s Lima Bean Soup Collection Paper Pad, 6”x6”; Soup Staples II Collection Orange Salt, 12”x12”
paper towels, water, white chalk
- Hampton Art Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. Halloween Cling Stamps: Happy Owloween (SC0496), Halloween Boo (SC0497)
- Hampton Art Clear Acrylic Block, 4-3/4”x7”
- Hampton Art Black Pigment Ink Pad
- Elmer's X-ACTO 5" Precision Tip Scissors
- Elmer's CraftBond Quick Dry Glue
- 1. Size is 12-3/4”x10/1/2x3-1/2” (base).
- Spook-tacular Magnetic Chalkboard
- 1. One at a time, attach stamps to acrylic block and use black ink to stamp approximately 20 characters, words, and phrases onto various papers. Leave at least 1/2" space between images. Let stamped images dry.
- 2. Use 5" Precision Tip Scissors to separate shapes, and then cut around each shape, 1/8" from edge. For words, follow each letter shape and go from letter to letter, and from word to word.
- 3. Depending on size of stamped paper shape, choose larger or smaller magnet; if needed, use two smaller magnets. Attach magnets to backs of paper shapes using Quick Dry Glue.
- 4. Very lightly print greeting on chalkboard. If you make a mistake, simply erase with damp paper towel and let dry. When pleased with look of phrase, firmly trace lines with chalk using a wiggly, spooky stroke. Arrange magnetic shapes all around border.
- 1. When the seasons change, write another greeting and stamp new holiday images to turn into magnets.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.