Paris Collage Pillow
- Muslin or cotton, 1/2 yd.
- C&T Publishing Lesley Riley's TAP Transfer Artist Paper 5-sheet Pack
- Downloadable images (thevintageworkshop.com)
- Postal and flower collage images
- Fiberfill stuffing
iron and pressing board
- Baking parchment paper
- Neutral button thread and sewing needle
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Computer and ink jet printer
- 1. Select downloadable images or personal images of choice. Include "Paris" in font of choice. Follow manufacturer's instructions to print images onto TAP. (Note: Designer used three to four sheets for this pillow.) Quick Tip: Set printer defaults to print any image with words in reverse. Include as many images on one sheet of TAP as possible.
- 2. Cut two 14" squares from fabric.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to transfer images onto one fabric square. Images may overlap, creating a collage effect. When transferring images onto another image, cover image with baking parchment paper before ironing.
- 4. Trim fabric squares to 13-1/2" squares. Place squares right sides together, and using a 1/4" seam allowance, machine sew squares together, leaving a 3" opening.
- 5. Trim corners, and gently turn pillow right side out through opening. Stuff pillow. Use button thread to slip stitch opening closed.
by Rebekah Meier