Happiness Is Card and Gift Tin
sizes: card, 5”x5”; tin, 2-3/8”x2-3/8”
- Cardstock (Bazzill Basics): Powder Blue; White
- Paper (Melissa Frances): Faith; Ambient Amanda
- Celebrate Design Stickers (Melissa Frances)
- Sticky Gems (Me & My Big Ideas)
- Wings d-mensions Chipboard Butterfly (Creative Imaginations)
- Paper blossom (Prima)
- Sheer organza ribbon
- Iridescent white glitter (Doodlebug Design)
- Small silver tin, 2-3/8” square (Craft Supply Online)
- Folk Art acrylic paint (Plaid): Blue Mist; Wicker White
- Cricut Expression die-cutting system and Home Essentials Cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Small hole punch
- Adhesives: Mod Podge (Plaid); Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Make white card base. Cut 4-3/4” blue cardstock square and 4-1/2” white/green floral square; adhere squares to card. Machine stitch card edges. Cut 4” green square and adhere to card.
- 2. Die cut 4” square frame from white cardstock; adhere to card. Adhere quote sticker to center.
- 3. Paint chipboard butterfly base blue and top white; let dry. Brush white butterfly with glue and sprinkle with glitter; shake off excess and let dry. Glue white butterfly to blue; apply Sticky Gems. Adhere to card.
- 1. Cut green paper to fit around base of tin; adhere with Mod Podge and let dry. Cut white floral paper to fit around lid; adhere and let dry.
- 2. Insert small gift in tin. Tie ribbon in bow around tin. Mat tag sticker on cardstock and punch small hole; tie to ribbon with string. Adhere flower and gems to bow.
by Melanie Douthit