Hoot Scholar Card
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Vanilla Cream; Natural Smooth; Desert Coral Dark
- Recess 6”x6” Paper Pack (BasicGrey)
- Spare Parts o-ring (The Paper Studio)
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Kim Hughes Collection URA Hoot and Nature’s Silhouettes sets; Paisley Backgrounder
- Adirondack Pitch Black dye ink pad (Ranger)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Paper piercer and piercing template
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make Vanilla Cream card base. Cut 4-3/4” patterned paper square; stamp black leaves in upper right corner and sentiment in lower right corner. Mat panel on 5”x5” Desert Coral piece.
- 2. Stamp paisley background onto 3”x5” Natural cardstock piece. Handcut into large branch shape, 4-3/4” long, and color with markers. Adhere to stamped panel. Use piercing template and black pen to add faux stitching details along top and bottom of branch and left edge of paper.
- 3. Stamp black owl, small branch, cap and diploma onto Natural cardstock; color images with markers and cut out.
- 4. Cut 2-7/8”x3-1/4” patterned paper piece; mat on Desert Coral cardstock. Adhere stamp cut-outs as shown. Bend owl’s wings slightly forward before tucking diploma beneath one. Adhere cap with foam dot. Adhere O-ring over eye; cut and adhere tiny paper scrap to owl for monocle handle.
by Michele Boyer