Road Trip Key Box & Card
sizes: box, 2-3/8”x3-1/4”x5”; card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”
- Wooden box, 2-3/8”x3-1/4”x5” (The Dollar Tree)
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Very Vanilla; Basic Black; Baja Breeze; Riding Hood Red
- Route 66 stamp set (Artistic Outpost)
- Ink pads (Ranger): Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress in Faded Jeans, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot
- Adirondack Red Pepper Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Artist’s gesso
- Inkssentials tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet; Foam Blending Tool (Ranger)
- 1. Make black card base. Cut smaller red panel; adhere to card front.
- 2. Cut smaller cream panel; randomly stamp panel with Faded Jeans map image. Stamp Aged Mahogany Route 66 symbol over map background. Blend Aged Mahogany ink around panel edges with blending tool; repeat with Black Soot ink. Mat panel on black cardstock; adhere to card.
- 3. Stamp Jet Black motorcycle and sentiment on cream panel cut to size; let dry. Blend Black Soot ink around panel edges; mat on black cardstock. Mat again on Baja Breeze cardstock; ink edges Black Soot. Adhere to card.
- 1. Remove hardware from box. Using blending tool, apply gesso to box; let dry. Paint box Red Pepper; let dry. Use blending tool to ink box edges Black Soot. Stamp Jet Black images onto outside of box as desired.
- 2. Cut two cream panels to fit outside and inside of lid. Follow Card Step 2 to stamp panels. Mat panels on black cardstock and adhere to box surfaces.
- 3. Stamp “Road Trip” and motorcycle image on cream cardstock and cut to size. Blend Black Soot ink around edges; mat on black cardstock. Adhere to stamped background panels.
- 4. Replace box hardware. If desired, line bottom of box with piece of black cardstock cut to size.
by Lisa Somerville