Fly Fishing Tackle Box Card
- Cardstock: kraft; medium brown
- Weathered wood patterned paper
- White office-supply labels, one sheet
- Transparency film, one sheet
- Hodgepodge Hardware (Stampin’ Up!)
- Assorted fibers
- Fishing fly
- Stamps: Thinking of You, Fishing Flies (Stampin’ Up!); Fish Story (The Angel Co.)
- Adirondack dye ink pads (Ranger): Pitch Black; Ginger; Butterscotch
- Watercolor pencils
- Zig Painty Markers (EK Success): Gold; Silver
- Sponge dauber
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- 1. Make kraft card base. Cover front with wood-print paper. With fold at top, use craft knife to cut 3-1/4”x3-1/2” flap in center of card front. Sponge brown ink on inner flap. Back opening with transparency film cut slightly larger than opening; adhere to inside front of card.
- 2. Cut a 3-3/4”x4” kraft cardstock piece; cover with offi ce supply labels. Randomly stamp fishing fly images using all three ink pads. Color flies with watercolor pencils; detail with paint markers. Sponge edges Ginger. Adhere panel to inside of card so it’s visible under transparency film when flap is opened.
- 3. Cut second 3-3/4”x4” kraft cardstock piece; sponge with brown ink. Adhere to inside front of card to cover fishing fly panel. Stamp a black fly image inside card. Sponge Ginger ink around edges. Stamp Fish Story sentiment in black on wood-print paper; tear to size and adhere inside card.
- 4. Stamp black Thinking of You on wood-print paper, trim and mat on brown cardstock. Adhere to front flap. Attach hardware and fibers to upper left corner of flap. Attach hardware frame to lower right corner of flap; attach actual fly inside frame.
by Karen Roberts