Love You Bunches, Mom
- Cardstock: Blue Bell, Pollen and Festive (Bazzill Basics); White (Wausau)
- Super Card Art & Craft Paper (Folia Paper through US ArtQuest)
- Sheer white organza ribbon, 1/4” (Offray)
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Love Blush; For All You Do; Uppercase Kate Text Alphabet; ...Bunches
- Onyx Black VersaFine ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder (Tsukineko)
- Tombow markers (Tombow USA): 055; 126; 173; 933; 985
- Niji Waterbrush (Kuretake, Ltd. Co.)
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Orange Peel; Crystal
- Pearl stickers (Mark Richards)
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter and Embosser with Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Heat tool
- 1. Cut two 4-3/8” Blue Bell cardstock squares. Place one square in Swiss Dots folder and roll through embossing machine. To align dots for second pass, due to width of cardstock, position a few previously embossed dots with dots in folder; you will feel them “catch” when they are aligned. Align paper in folder and use stylus to re-emboss any flattened dots. Adhere squares together.
- 2. Stamp roses on 3-3/8” watercolor paper square; heat emboss with clear powder. Color image with markers. Use damp water brush to blend colors. Mat on 3-1/2” orange cardstock square.
- 3. Cut 3-5/8”x7-1/4” and 1”x5” pieces from yellow cardstock. Fold larger piece in half and, with fold at top, adhere matted roses to front. Cut 3-1/2” white cardstock square and adhere inside yellow card.
- 4. Score yellow strip cut in Step 3 at 2-1/2” and 2-3/8” from one short end to create hinge. Glue back of hinge to back of yellow card. Adhere yellow card to embossed cardstock.
- 5. Cut two 7/8”x2-1/8” white strips and one 7/8”x1-7/8” white strip. On two larger pieces, stamp “Thank You for All You do” and “MOM”; heat emboss with clear powder. Stamp “Love You Bunches” on smaller piece; heat emboss. Mat all pieces on orange cardstock. Adhere “Thank You” to front of hinge and “MOM” to back as shown. Tie ribbon around hinge.
- 6. Mat “Love You” on yellow cardstock and adhere inside card as shown.
- 7. Adhere pearls to corners of card front. Highlight flowers with glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Can’t be with Mom this Mother’s Day? Add a smiling selfportrait to the top half of the inside of the card.
- 2. Keep these instructions handy to create interactive greetings for any occasion.
by Elizabeth Allan