Cottage Enamelware Pots
- Clay pots, 6-1/2” tall, three
- Americana Acrylics (DecoArt): Snow White; Soft Blue; Pink Chiffon; Lamp Black
- Floral Engravings Download Collection images (IE146)
- Clear round self-adhesive acrylic gems
- Paintbrushes: flat, 1”; small round; foam
- Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and printer
- Photo imaging software
- 1. Paint pots Snow White, Pink Chiffon and Soft Blue, inside and out with flat brush. Dry brush top and bottom edge of lip for “enamelware” look. Make lines straight and staggered for an authentic look.
- 2. Use computer and software to size images to approximately 4”x4-1/2”. Print out images and cut to 3-1/2”x4” oval, centering image.
- 3. Follow Liquid Laminate manufacturer’s instructions to dècoupage images to pot. Smooth out air bubbles with fingers.
- 4. When dry, adhere gems to oval edges. Apply another coat of Liquid Laminate to stones and remaining pot areas for added durability.
by Melony Bradley