Crystal & Suede Support Bracelet
- Bead Landing: Toffee Latigo Lace, Bits and Baubles Rose Bead, Ribbon Clamps, Toggle Closure
- Bead Gallery Iridescent Faceted Glass Beads, two
- Realeather Crafts Pink Jewel Spots, 3/8”, two
- Flat-backed crystals: 3mm, 30; 4mm, two
- Jump rings, two
tape measure, scissors, toothpick
- Flat-nose pliers
- Gorilla Glue Super Glue
- 1. Use tape measure to determine size of wrist and then subtract 1” from measurement.
- 2. Cut three Toffee lace pieces to pre-determined length from Step 1.
- 3. Place all three lace pieces, side-by-side, on work surface. Pick up end of laces (all three at once); add small drop of glue to each end. While still holding laces in hand, slip ends into ribbon closure; use flat-nose pliers to close ribbon closure on laces, securing three laces together.
- 4. Thread iridescent bead, rose bead, and iridescent bead on center lace piece. Center beads along lace piece. Adhere 3mm flat-backed crystal on outside of each iridescent bead. Attach pink jewel spot next to each flat-backed crystal. Let dry.
- 5. Cross center lace piece over top lace piece and use glue to adhere lace pieces at intersection. (Note: Place laces on wrist to check position of intersection before adhering laces together.) Let dry.
- 6. Adhere center lace piece to bottom lace piece on center of laces. Let dry. Adhere two 4mm flat-backed crystals over area where two adhered pieces meet.
- 7. Adhere remaining 3mm flat-backed crystals, evenly spaced, along lengths of laces. Let dry.
- 8. Repeat Step 3 to attach ribbon closure to open lace ends. Use jump rings to attach toggle closure to ends.
- 1. Use toothpick to apply glue to flat-backed crystals.
by Carol Heppner