19th Hole Caddy Gift
- Unfinished wooden salt and pepper with napkin holder (For Crafts Sake)
- Basswood (Midwest Products): 1/4”x3”x24” (#4306); 1/4”x1/4”x24” (#4066); 1”x1/4”x24” (#4106)
- Cork sheet (Midwest Products), 3/16”x11-7/8”x36” (#3030)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Celery Green; Country Red; Lamp Black; Snow White
- Multi-colored striped patterned paper
- Button Cards Download Collection (#1E481) (The Vintage Workshop)
- Beads: golf, 14mm, sic; green bicones, 6mm, 12
- Head pins, 2” long, six
- Golf Brads (Spare Parts), four
- Astroturf (available at home improvement stores), 1/4 yd.
- Small glass spice bottle
- Typewriter Foam Stamps (Plaid)
- Black pigment ink
- Mod Podge dècoupage medium (Plaid)
- Super Easy Cutter (Midwest Products)
- Foam brush
- Paper trimmer
- Embroidery needle
- Tools: sanding block; drill and 1/32” bit; wire cutters; circle cutter
- Computer and color printer
- 1. Paint the salt and pepper holder Celery Green. Cut patterned paper to fit sides and front. Use foam brush to decoupage paper to holder.
- 2. Cut eight 4” lengths and eight 3-3/4” lengths from 1/4”x1/4” strips. Paint strips Country Red. Set aside. Paint spice bottle top Country Red. Cut 4” length from 3” wood and paint Lamp Black. Cut 1-1/2” length from 1” wood and paint Snow White. Lightly sand 3” and 1” lengths to distress. Use computer to print downloadable image, sized to 3-1/2” Cut out and decoupage to 3” wooden piece. Glue wooden piece to front of holder. Use ink to stamp “19” on 1” wooden piece and glue to front of 3” wooden piece on holder.
- 3. For coasters, cut four 4” square from cork. Cut four 3-3/4” square from Astroturf. Arrange wooden piece for frame on cork with longer and shorter strips parallel to each other. Glue to cork. Attach gold brad to Astroturf. Glue Astroturf to cork in center of framed strips. Repeat for all four coasters. Display coaster in napkin holder slot.
- 4. Cut 1/2”x5” strip from paper and decoupage to edge of spice bottle lid. Cut 1” circle from paper and decoupage to top of lid. Fill bottle with olives or nuts. Display spice bottle in one side of salt and pepper holders.
- 5. For drink stirrers, drill small hole in top of remaining 1/4”x1/4” strips cut to 5” lengths. Thread one bicone, one gold and one bicone onto head pin and cut excess. Place small amount of glue on ends and insert into drilled hole. Display in remaining salt and pepper holder slot.
by Melony Bradley