Fall & Halloween Floral Décor
Use Xyron adhesives to transform a plain papier-mâché box into seasonal décor that works not only for beautiful autumn days, but also for spooktacular Halloween night!
- Papier-mâché box, 5”x5”x5-1/2”
- Floral foam, 2”x4”x4”
- Silk flower bunches: autumn mums/sunflowers, black roses
- Orange berry stem
- Halloween-themed 6”x6” paper pad
- Coordinating Halloween-themed cardstock title
- Orange glitter cardstock
- Assorted metal mini gears, five
- Black zipper rose with jeweled center, 2-3/4”
- Black felt trim, 1/2”-wide
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, glue gun and sticks, wire cutters
- Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape, 1/2”
- Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots: 3/16”, 3/8”
- Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit
- Die-cutting system and jumbo flourish die
- 1. Size is 5”x5”x13”.
- 1. Use glue gun to adhere floral foam into bottom of box.
- 2. Cut four 5”x5-1/2” sheet music paper panels to cover box sides.
- 3. Apply four strips of Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape to each face of box along edges. Remove liners from first side of box and press paper panel to surface. Repeat to cover all sides.
- 4. Cut four 5”x1” damask paper strips. Adhere strips around sides of box, very slightly above center, using Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape.
- 5. Apply continuous line of Xyron 1/4” Double-Sided High Tack Tape from Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit around top edge of box. Press felt trim firmly to tape while wrapping box; trim ends to just meet.
- 6. For autumn side of box, cut four 1” squares from orange text paper. Using Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots, adhere mini gears to squares as shown. Adhere gear squares to damask strip using Foam Squares from Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit.
- 7. For Halloween side of box, die cut flourish from orange glitter cardstock; adhere to box as shown using Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots. Mat cardstock title on orange glitter cardstock; adhere layers together using Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape. Adhere title to box using Foam Squares from Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit. Adhere zipper rose to box using several Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots. (Note: If weight of rose pulls it away from box, reattach rose using glue gun.)
- 8. To display autumn side of box, insert mums into foam. To display Halloween side of box, remove mums and insert berry stem and black roses. Check fit; trim stem ends of floral bunches as needed using wire cutters before inserting back into foam.
- 1. Unlike other double-sided liner tapes, Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape can be torn by hand and quickly applied to a variety of surfaces, saving you time.
by Dawn Gehring for Xyron, Inc.