Flowers & Felt Magnet Board
This project has a secret! Those clusters of flowers and buttons are actually magnets, waiting to be moved and put into use! Felt-covered MAGPANELS magnet boards are the perfect accent for any room. Swap colors to match any décor.
- MAGPANELS Extra Large Magpanel Vertical
- MAGPANELS Magnets
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Pumpkin Spice, Copper, Mac ‘n Cheese
- BoBunny Press Blossoms Collection, assorted colors: Bouquet, Dahlia
- BoBunny Press Blossoms Collection Wildberry Lace
- Vintage buttons and crocheted motifs
- Large black grommets, two
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz Branch with Leaves Die
- Grommet setter
- Adhesives: Eclectic Products E6000 Spray Adhesive; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Gem-Tac Embellishing Glue; Tombow Power Tabs
- 1. Size is 14-3/8”x15-7/8”.
- Magnet Board
- 1. Cut 9”x18” Pumpkin Spice felt panel. Following manufacturer’s instructions and using spray adhesive, center and adhere felt to center front of Magpanel. Make sure fabric is smooth and taut; adhere ends at back of Magpanel. Let dry.
- 2. Cut two 4-1/4”x18” Copper felt strips. Adhere strips to sides of Magpanel, overlapping pumpkin felt edges 1/2”. Adhere excess fabric at back of Magpanel, neatly wrapping felt at rounded corners. Clip corners as needed to ease fit. Let dry.
- 3. Using small dabs of Fabri-Tac adhesive, cut and adhere four strips of crocheted lace to Magpanel; adhere vertical strips, then horizontal strips as shown. Cut lace lengths 2” longer and wider than Magpanel; wrap and adhere ends at back. Let dry.
- 4. Adhere included felt backing to back of Magpanel to hide raw felt edges. Let dry.
- 5. Using photo as guide, cut holes in felt and set grommets for hanging.
- 6. Die cut three branches from Mac ‘n Cheese felt. Adhere to Magpanel using Fabri-Tac adhesive; let dry.
- 7. Adhere magnets to back of each flower and large vintage button using Power Tabs. Adhere buttons to flower centers using Gem-Tac adhesive; let dry.
- 8. Cluster magnets in decorative arrangement at upper right and lower left sections of Magpanel when not in use.
- 1. No need for a lot of glue! A little bit is all that’s needed for attaching crocheted lace to the Magpanel and for attaching buttons to flowers.
by Judi Kauffman for MAGPANELS