- Recycled plastic fruit cup
- Polyform Sculpey Pluffy Clay: Beige, Brown
- Paper clip
- Blue ribbon, 1/8”-wide
- Chenille stems: metallic gold; furry white, two
- Wiggle eyes, two
scissors, ruler, toothpicks, container of water, paintbrush, sponge scrap, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface), clothespin
- Blue acrylic paint
- Fine-tip markers: red, black
- Pink powdered blush or chalk
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Thick tacky glue
- 1. Condition clay separately in hands until soft and pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll 1-1/2” Beige clay ball (head). Roll tiny Beige clay ball (nose); press onto head. Insert paper clip into back of head (for hanger).
- 2. Roll 1” Brown clay ball and flatten on work surface; press onto top of head (for hair). Use toothpick to draw details on hair. Roll two thin Brown clay logs; wrap logs around toothpick to make curls. Remove curls from toothpick and press onto sides of head.
- 3. Position head on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven at 275º for seven minutes. Let cool. Remove from oven.
- 4. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to paint outside and inside of clean fruit cup blue. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. Let dry.
- 5. Turn blue cup upside down on work surface (for gown). Cut gold chenille stem same size as top edge of gown (for necklace). Use toothpick to apply glue on necklace; adhere onto gown. Let dry. Apply glue to bottom of head; press on top of gown. Let dry several hours or overnight to secure.
- 6. Form 1/2” gold chenille circle (halo); adhere onto top of head. Let dry. Form one furry white chenille stem into heart shape (wings). Adhere wings to back of angel under hanger. Let dry.
- 7. Wrap remaining furry white chenille stem onto bottom edge of gown; trim ends. Apply glue on chenille stem with toothpick; press along bottom edge of gown. Hold in place until dry using clothespin. Remove clothespin when dry.
- 8. Adhere wiggle eyes on face. Use paintbrush to apply blush or chalk on cheeks. Use red marker to draw mouth. Use black marker to draw eyelashes and eyebrows. Let dry.
- 9. Cut 9” blue ribbon length; insert ribbon into top of hanger and knot ends.
by Sandy Rollinger