Easter Egg Soaps in Baskets
size: 2"x3" (not including handle)
- FOR BASKET:
- Prismatics Cardstock (Prism Papers): Simply Smooth White; Sunflowers Medium, Sunflowers Light
- Assorted grosgrain ribbons
- Kraft crinkle paper
- FOR SOAP:
- White glycerin soap base* (amount depends on number of soaps desired)
- Gel Tone Colorants and Fragrance Oils (see below for fragrance/color combinations): Sweet Pea Fragrance/Perfection Pink Gel Tone Colorant; Lilac Fragrance/Popsicle Purple Gel Tone Colorant; Fresh Cut Grass Fragrance/Fading Green Gel Tone Colorant; Honeysuckle Fragrance/School Days Orange Gel Tone Colorant; Strawberry Fragrance/Ruby and School Days Orange Gel Tone Colorant
- FOR BASKET:
- Easter Seals Clear Stamp Set (Impression Obsession)
- Fluid Chalk Ink Pads (Clearsnap): Creamy Brown; Dark Brown
- Wizard Die Cutting System (Spellbinders)
- Scalloped Circle Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders)
- Border Punch (Fiskars): Treading Water
- Paper Crimper (Fiskars)
- Scor-Pal Scoring Tool (Scor-Pal)
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Crop-A-Dile Big Bite (WeRMemoryKeepers)
- FOR SOAP:
- Stir stick (chopsticks work great!)
- Plastic Egg Molds* (#06-28085)
- Mold Release Spray*
- 1. For basket, cut 5-1/2”x8-1/2” rectangle from Sunflowers Light cardstock; score at 2”, 4”, 6” and 8”. Turn panel one quarter turn and score at 2”. Use scissors to clip 2” from edge up each score line. Remove 1/2”x2” section completely.
- 2. Use Creamy Brown ink to stamp bunny image on each 2”x3-1/2” scored section. Use Border Punch to punch top of panel. Fold along all lines. Fold bottom flaps in to create bottom of box. Glue flaps in place.
- 3. For handle, cut thin strip of Sunflowers Light cardstock; crimp. Adhere ends to inside box edges of box.
- 4. Die cut scalloped circle from Simply Smooth White cardstock. Use Dark Brown Fluid Chalk ink to stamp Easter Seal image. Use Crop-A-Dile to punch hole in circle tag, and thread a coordinating ribbon length around handle and lace both ends through hole in tag. Knot and trim ribbon edges.
- 5. Fill basket with crinkle paper and egg-shaped soap. Repeat for remaining soaps.
- 1. Prepare mold by lightly coating with mold release spray. Cut soap base into 1” cubes. Heat several cubes (enough to fill soap mold) in a glass pyrex-type pourable measuring cup in the microwave. Be sure to microwave the base in 30-second increments or less, stirring between increments. As soon as the base is liquid, add a few drops of color and fragrance at a time, stirring between additions, until you achieve the desired color and fragrance level. Then pour into the mold and let set until thoroughly cooled (usually 4-6 hours). During the first 10-15 minutes of cooling, tap mold on counter a couple of times every few minutes to help avoid air bubbles. When completely cool, remove from mold and enjoy!
by Jessie Kurtz for Glorybee Foods