Mixed-Media Snowflake Mini Canvas
- Mini wrapped canvas, 3”x3”
- Red satin ribbon, 1/4”-wide
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Embellishments: Stripes Paper String, Adornments Ice Skates Charm
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, paintbrushes, water bucket (filled), old toothbrush
- Ranger Melt Art Melting Pot
- Ranger Melt Art Line: Snow Flurries Texture Treads; Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE), 8-oz. jar; Brilliant Gems Heat It Inks
- Ranger Vintaj Painted Barn Inks
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Ink Blending Tool & Foam, Heat it Craft Tool
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Line: Smidge of Blue and Blank Canvas Paint, Matte Multi-Medium
- Ranger Glitter: Stickles Frosted Lace Glitter Glue, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter
- Ranger Solvent-Based Stamp Cleaner
- 1. Working over non-stick craft sheet, pour clear UTEE into Melting Pot; cover and let melt.
- 2. Using craft sheet as palette and surface protector, paint mini canvas, including sides, Smidge of Blue; let dry.
- 3. Use ink blending tool to sponge small amount Blank Canvas paint onto texture plate. Stamp image onto canvas; reapply paint and stamp canvas sides. Clean texture plate immediately using old toothbrush.
- 4. Add a few drops Sapphire Heat It Inks to melted UTEE; gently stir with spatula.
- 5. Dip one canvas corner into Melting Pot, covering half of front and two sides. Draw sides against pot edge to remove excess UTEE. Place canvas on craft sheet. Quickly and carefully press tread plate into UTEE, pressing on top and down canvas sides. Remove plate when UTEE has cooled.
- 6. Use finger to dab raised UTEE areas with Blank Canvas paint; let dry.
- 7. Apply glitter glue where UTEE meets canvas; spread with finger or brush and let dry.
- 8. Squeeze pea-sized drop of Garnet ink onto craft sheet. Use small brush to paint hearts on ice skates; let dry.
- 9. Squeeze line of Multi-Medium down skate blades; sprinkle with dry glitter and let dry.
- 10. Thread each skate with 4” twine length; knot ends to secure charms and trim to 1/8”. Knot opposite ends of twine together, staggering skates; trim ends to 1”. Adhere knot to canvas with Multi-Medium; let dry.
- 11. Tie ribbon bow around twine ends below knot; trim ends.
by Debbie Tlach for Ranger Industries