Holiday Goodies Custom Rub-On Labels
- Grafix Rub-Onz Transfer Film
- Glashaus, Inc. Weck Brand Glass Canning Jars
- Assorted red and white ribbons
- Jute twine
- Holiday berry pick
detail scissors, ruler
- Computer and printer
- Downloadable computer fonts: Chalk Hand Lettering (www.fontscafe.com), Cursif (www.dafont.com), 2Peas Peppermint (www.twopeasinabucket.com), Adorable (www.fonts101.com); Microsoft Word Copperplate
- Chalkboard Labels (www.fontscafe.com)
- Therm O Web 3D Craft Zots
- 1. Visit http://burlapanddenim.com/2013/03/awesome-graphic-design-fonts-freebies/ to download chalkboard label files to computer; click on the orange “Free download” text. (Note: These files are provided free of charge to readers of the Denim & Burlap blog; access requires signing up for free account on Fonts Café. Follow instructions.)
- 2. Visit individual sites to download fonts to computer.
- 3. Create label designs using photo-editing or word-processing program and downloaded files. (Note: Since free chalkboard label .png file was used as base for each label, designer created labels in Photoshop by layering words typed in fonts listed above in white. Look online for many free, printable files that can be accessed using a word-processing program.)
- 4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to print and apply rub-on labels to glass jars. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5NR8XuBjc to view a video tutorial.
- 5. Using photos as guides, embellish jars with ribbon, twine, and other holiday accents; secure embellishments with 3-D Craft Zots.
- 6. Make batch of fudge to fill jars; family recipe provided courtesy of designer Alice Golden.
- 1. You can also create custom rub-ons using stamps and markers. Be sure to avoid text since rub-ons are created in reverse.
by Alice Golden