Mistletoe Christmas Trees
sizes: 7”, 10”, 13-3/4”
- ArtMinds Paper-Mâché Cones: 7” tall, 10” tall, 13-3/4” tall
- BoBunny Mistletoe Collection Papers: Boxes, Chevron, Countdown, Dots, Greetings, Pucker, Wrap
- BoBunny Mistletoe Collection Trinkets Embellishments
- BoBunny Ribbons, 3/8”-wide: Clover, Double Dot Wild Berry
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Block, 1”x12”x18”
scissors, ruler, pencil, straight pins
- Provo Craft Cricut Expression 2 Electronic Cutting System and Cupcake Wrappers Cartridge
- Bow-making tool
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks; API Crafter’s Pick Fabric Stiffener, The Ultimate Craft Glue
- 1. Follow cutting system manufacturer’s instructions to cut several 1-1/2”-tall cupcake wrappers from assorted papers. Project will require approximately one-and-one-half sheets each of seven patterned papers.
- 2. Keeping cupcake wrappers grouped by paper design, use craft glue to adhere each set of wrappers together end-to-end to create seven long, coiled strips; let dry.
- 3. Beginning at bottom of first cone, and leaving 1/8” space between lower paper edge and base of cone, adhere one end of first wrapper strip to cone. Wrap strip around cone to meet beginning of strip; trim as needed and adhere end to secure.
- 4. Continue adding cupcake wrapper layers, one row at a time, alternating papers and working toward tip. Last row should wrap tip of cone completely; trim as needed.
- 5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each cone; cut additional cupcake wrappers as needed.
- 6. Use bow-making tool to create small, multi-loop bow for top of each tree as shown. Adhere trinket embellishment to each bow.
- 7. Apply fabric stiffener to various lengths of ribbon. Twist ribbon into corkscrews and pin each end to foam block while ribbon dries. Let dry completely.
- 8. Using photo as guide, adhere several ribbons to back of each bow using glue gun. Adhere bows to treetops using glue gun. Trim ribbons to desired lengths.
- 9. If desired, cut additional cupcake wrappers to create dessert display around trees; see inset photo.
- 1. Imagine trees in cream and white, various shades of green, metallic papers, or your favorite color.
by Juliana Michaels for BoBunny Press