Vintage Holiday Coasters
- Ceramic tiles, 4”x4”
- Electronic images of choice: clipart, photographs, text, scanned personal drawing or design
- Cork sheet
- White copy paper
foam brush, small spray bottle, scissors, soft cloth, ruler
- Computer with photo editing software and inkjet printer
- Beacon Adhesives: Fast Finish Decoupage, Decoupage Gloss Sealer, Premium Tacky Glue
- 1. Resize images or text to desired size using photo-editing software. If using text, make sure text is flipped. Print images on computer paper using inkjet printer. Cut out images leaving 1/2” border using scissors.
- 2. Use foam brush to coat image and tile with découpage medium. Lay image face down on tile. Use fingers to carefully smooth out air bubbles. Let dry thoroughly.
- 3. When dry, use small spray bottle to squirt small amounts of water onto paper. Using soft cloth, carefully and slowly rub away paper. Keep spraying and rubbing with cloth until all paper is removed, revealing image.
- 4. Spray surface with gloss sealer. Let dry. Cut four 2” squares from cork sheet. Adhere squares onto each corner on bottom of tile using tacky glue. Let dry.
by Melony Miller Bradley