Gem Purse Holders
- Diamond Tech Jennifer’s Mosaics Clear Glass Gem
- Diamond Tech Fuseworks Tote Hanger
- Pearl seed beads, small amount
newspaper (to cover work surface), rubbing alcohol, paper towel, pencil, scissors, foam brush, toothpick
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge, glass adhesive
- 1. Cover your work surface with newspaper or craft paper. Clean desired number of clear glass gems with alcohol and set aside.
- 2. Position gem over holiday or vintage image; use pencil to trace around perimeter of gem. Cut out image.
- 3. Turn glass gem over so flat side is facing up. Apply one coat of Mod Podge to back of gem. Adhere image face down on Mod Podge, pressing to secure. Let set for five minutes. Apply thick coat of Mod Podge to back of image.
- 4. Let set for 10 minutes. Apply two additional coats of Mod Podge, letting coats dry in between applications.
- 5. Apply glass adhesive to back of gem; press onto embossed surface of tote hanger. Let dry.
- 6. Apply tiny amount of glass glue to seed pearls using toothpick; adhere pearls around perimeter of gem if desired. Let dry.
- 1. Create personalized holders by using monogram, initials, or names.
by Rita Schwab for Diamond Tech