Silhouette Sachet Gift Set
- Ivory cotton or silk fabric, 4”x6”, two
- Ivory blank card, 4” square
- Ivory card, 3” square
- Coordinating green cardstock (Bazzill Basics Paper)
- Cotton lace, 1/2”-wide
- Cotton twill, 3/8”-wide, 1 yd.
- Cord or narrow ribbon, 8” length
- Buttons, 1/2”, two
- Dried lavender, 3 Tbsp
- Kim Hughes Collection Silhouette Blooms I stamp set (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Versacraft ink pad (Tsukineko): Celadon
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Stamp flower on one fabric rectangle. Heat set with iron.
- 2. With right sides together, machine sew rectangles together, using a 1/4” seam allowance and leaving one short edge open for filling. Clip corners diagonally. Turn sachet right side out.
- 3. Press to flatten seams and machine sew again, using 1/4” seam allowance, to create flat border around sachet, then fill with dried lavender. (Note: Do not overfill; sachet should be fairly flat.)
- 4. Fold top edge down twice to enclose raw edges and machine sew closed. Machine sew again very close to top edge so it lies flat like other sides.
- 5. Slip stitch folded ends by hand to neaten and slip stitch length of lace to front as shown. (Note: Apply dab of craft glue to prevent lace from fraying.)
- 6. Thread cord or narrow ribbon through button and tie ends to form hanging loop, then stitch in place at top corner of sachet.
- 1. Stamp branch on right-hand side of square and add sentiment.
- 2. Adhere stamped square to green card stock and machine sew around panel edges. Adhere panel to card.
- 3. Cut 1-1/2” length from cotton twill and fold to form tab. Stitch button to hide raw edges and glue to bottom corner of stamped panel.
- 4. To give as gift, stack sachets and tie with remaining cotton twill. Stamp branch onto card envelope.
by Joanne Allison for Cornish Heritage Farms