QC: Chic Centerpiece on the Cheap
- Wax Candle
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls (Dow)
- Scrapbook Papers
- 2”-long Skewers
- 35 Cream Silk Ranuculus Flower Stems
- Mono Aqua Glue (Tombow)
- Serrated Knife
- Hot Glue Gun
- 1. Flowers add so much to weddings, but they certainly don’t have to break the budget. Create this simply elegant floral arrangement as a table decoration or place card holder. Use it with candles or make several in different colors to fill the center of a table.
- 2. Rub a serrated knife across a wax candle to easily cut 5” and 6” STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls (Dow) in half. Rub the curved side of one 6” half across the table to flatten so it will stand upright.
- 3. Use Mono Aqua Glue (Tombow) to adhere scrapbook papers to curved sides of flattened 6” half. Insert several 2”-long skewers into flat side of paper-covered 6” half. Apply hot glue to exposed skewer ends and push flat side of 5” half on top. Trim approximately 35 cream silk ranuculus stems to 2” long. Apply hot glue to stem ends and insert into top of 5” half ball.
by Diane D. Flowers for The Dow Chemical Co.