Blast Off! Birthday Card
- Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)
- Cogsmo Collection patterned (Cosmo Cricket): Bandwidth; Links; Cogs
- Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!)
- Silver cord (Stampin’ Up!)
- Silver brads, three
- Stamps: It’s a Mod, Mod World set (The Cat’s Pajamas); Happy Birthday (My Favorite Things)
- Ink pads: Brilliance Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up!)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Craft punches: small star (Fiskars); med. and lg. stars, small circle, Word Window (Stampin’ Up!)
- Paper piercer and mat (Stampin’ Up!)
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make white top-fold card base. Cut and adhere 3-1/2”x3-3/4” striped piece to bottom of card.
- 2. Tie red ribbon around card front, over paper seam. Tie silver cord around bow. Punch three small red stars and adhere to card above bow.
- 3. Cut 3”x4” light blue piece; mat on slightly larger red piece. Pierce hole border around blue edge.
- 4. Use black ink to stamp rocket four times, re-inking before each impression, on the following: dark blue; light blue; red; white cardstock. Cut out shapes. Cut apart colored images and adhere pieces to white rocket as shown.
- 5. Use markers to add shading to inner edges of rocket image. Place rocket in desired position on blue mat and shade around outside edge with gray or blue marker. Adhere rocket to mat with adhesive dots.
- 6. Cut three thin strips from assorted papers and roll one end of each strip around a pencil to curl. Glue curls beneath tail of rocket, trimming as needed.
- 7. Using photo as guide, punch three medium striped stars and three large dark blue stars. Punch three small red circles. Layer pieces as shown and secure centers with brads; adhere to card with adhesive dots.
- 8. Adhere image block to card with adhesive dots. Stamp red sentiment and punch out with Word Window punch; adhere to card.
- 1. Paper is double-sided; use appropriate side for each step according to photo.
by Carolyn King