Birthday Swirls with Inchies Card
- Cardstock: glossy white; teal; lime
- Light Blue Gemstones (Hero Arts)
- Stamps (Hero Arts): Happy Birthday; DesignBlock Flourish; DesignBlock Flowers; Floral Design Accents set
- Ink pads: VersaMark watermark (Tsukineko); Adirondack Brights Dye Inkpads in Pool, Citrus (Ranger)
- Essential Detail White Embossing Powder (Stampendous)
- Stickles Yellow Glitter Glue (Ranger)
- Sponge Daubers (Tsukineko)
- Heat tool
- Craft punches: Marvy Corner Rounder (Uchida); Paper Shapers 1”, 1-1/4” Circles (EK Success)
- Rotary trimmer with scallop blade (Fiskars)
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make glossy white side-fold card base. Use separate sponge daubers to randomly apply Pool and Citrus inks to card front, blending colors with small circular motions. Speed drying with heat tool, if desired.
- 2. Use watermark ink to stamp flourish background twice on card front. Sprinkle wet ink with embossing powder and heat set until raised and opaque.
- 3. Stamp and emboss four different small flowers, as well as sentiment, onto glossy cardstock scrap, leaving space between images. Ink cardstock in same way as card front, using more green than blue for contrast.
- 4. Punch flowers into 1” circles; mat on 1-1/4” teal circles. Trim sentiment, leaving more room at left, and round two right corners; mat on teal cardstock and round same corners.
- 5. Cut 1/2”x7” lime and 1-1/2”x7” teal cardstock strips; adhere strips together. Trim one long edge of teal strip with scallop blade. Adhere to right edge of card front, slightly overhanging edge.
- 6. Adhere circles to card with adhesive dots. Adhere sentiment. Adhere gems to circles, sentiment and card front swirls as shown.
by Suzanne Czosek