sizes: girl, 3-1/2”x5”; boy, 3”x3-1/2”
- DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread: White (6050), Green (6160), Red (6040), Pink (6130), Black (6020), Light Green (6070)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Winter White (3865), Brown-MD (433), Emerald Green (709), Christmas Red (321), Cranberry-LT (604), Black (310)
- Kunin Rainbow Classicfelt: Copper Canyon, White
- Lightweight cardboard
scissors, fabric marker, sewing needle
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Print out patterns. Use fabric marker to trace patterns onto Copper Canyon and White felt.
- 2. Using one strand of coordinating floss, couch Memory Thread in place as shown on patterns. For girl, blanket stitch apron in place using one strand 3865 Winter White embroidery floss.
- 3. Carefully cut out ornament along pattern lines. Trace and cut out matching shape (back) from felt and slightly smaller shape from cardboard.
- 4. For hanger, twist Red and Green Memory Thread together to create 6” length; bend in half and secure ends on back of ornament at center top.
- 5. Center ornament front over cardboard shape; adhere together. Center ornament front over ornament back; blanket stitch along edges using one strand of 433 Brown-MD embroidery floss. Knot thread ends.
by Barbara E. Swanson for The DMC Corp.