Needle-Felted Snowmen - Set of 2
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Balls: 1-1/2”, 2”
- Off-white wool roving
- Silver candle cup
- Cupcake liner
- Fleece, scrap
- White pom-pom, 1/2”
- Chenille fur trim, scraps: red, white
- Black headpins, five
- White snowflake buttons, two
- Brown floral wire, 8” lengths, two
scissors, ruler, pencil, toothpicks, cosmetic-wedge sponge, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Needle-felting needle
- Orange acrylic paint
- Pink powdered blush
- Krylon Glitter Blast Glitter Spray
- Craft glue
- 1. Adhere 1-1/2” and 2” foam balls together, creating snowman shape.
- 2. Place small wispy pieces of roving onto snowman shape. Use needle and punching motion to needle felt roving onto snowman.
- 3. Cut 8” length of tinsel. Wrap tinsel into circle shape and adhere into candle cup. Let dry. Adhere snowman inside candle cup. Let dry.
- 4. For nose, cut tiny scrap from white chenille fur trim; twist into small ball. Paint ball orange. Let dry. Adhere nose onto center of face. Insert two black headpins above nose for eyes and three black headpins below nose for mouth. Apply pink powdered blush on cheeks.
- 5. Cut cupcake liner in half. Wrap liner into cone shape; adhere cone on top of head for hat. Wrap and adhere remaining chenille stem length around bottom of hat. Adhere pom-pom to top of hat. Let dry.
- 6. For scarf, cut and tie chenille fur trim or fleece scrap around neck of snowman.
- 7. Twist brown floral wire into arm shapes; insert arms into each side of body. Adhere snowflake buttons on front of body.
- 8. Spray snowman with glitter spray. Let dry.
by Rebekah Meier for The Dow Chemical Co.