Mini Wreath Stir Sticks
- Jumbo craft stick
- Artificial wired holiday greenery or garland
- Polyform Sculpey III Red Hot Red Oven-Bake Clay
- Miniature wooden bird
- Black plastic-coated wire, 5” length
- Clear acrylic rhinestones: 2mm, 9mm
- Ribbon flower with jeweled center
- Silver tinsel, scrap
toothpicks, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Wire cutters
- Hand drill
- DecoArt: Irish Moss Americana Acrylic Paint, Shimmering Silver Dazzling Metalllics
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Cut branch from greenery or length from garland using wire cutters. Form circular wreath shape; twist ends together.
- 2. Cut 5” length of black wire. Drill two small holes side by side on top edge of craft stick using hand drill. Thread one end of wire through one hole and position wreath on end of craft stick. Thread other end through other hole to hold wreath on craft stick. Twist ends on back of craft stick. Cut off excess wire.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint bird Irish Moss. Let dry. Drybrush edges of bird Shimmering Silver. Use toothpick dotted with glue to adhere three 2mm clear rhinestones on bird. Let dry.
- 4. For berries, condition clay in hands until soft and pliable. Roll clay into three pea-sized balls. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake berries on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool. Drybrush clay berries Shimmering Silver. Let dry.
- 5. Adhere bird, berries, tinsel scrap, 9mm stone, and ribbon flower on wreath. Let dry. Repeat Steps 1-5 to create additional stir sticks.
by Melony Miller Bradley