Embroidered Ornament Place Setting
- DMC: Golden Olive-VY LT (834) Pearl Cotton 5; Metallic Gold (6200) Memory Thread; Light Gold (3821) Light Effects
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: White, Bright Red, Old Gold
- Sundance Beads: size 8, Gold (BDS-11/4); size 14, Red (BDS-11/11)
- Purchased red woven placemats and napkins
- Gold cording
scissors, ruler, pencil, tweezers, transfer paper
- DMC: Chenille Needle, size 22; Embroidery Needle, size 10; Needle Threader; Embroidery Scissors
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Pprint out patterns. Transfer ribbon and snowflake designs onto placemat and napkins as shown.
- 2. Embroider outline of ribbons in Pearl Cotton 5 using stem stitch.
- 3. Embroider snowflakes using two strands of Light Effects using straight stitch.
- 4. Following pattern, attach appropriate-size beads to snowflakes with one strand of Light Effects. Secure and clip all threads on back side.
- 5. To make ornaments for placemats and decorative ties, cut 2-1/2” circles from White felt and transfer designs onto each. Couch Memory Thread over design lines with one strand of Pearl Cotton 5. Secure and clip ends. To make spiral dot designs, cut 3” lengths of Memory Thread and use tweezers to hold tip of end; make tight spiral swirl in hand. Spot glue to secure. Clip end or cut spiral in half; adhere to felt circles. Let dry.
- 6. For ball hanger, transfer small rectangular pattern onto Old Gold felt; cut out. Adhere bottom curved edge onto top edge of ball ornament. Let dry. Cut 1” length of Memory Thread and gently bend in half to form arch-shaped hanger. Adhere ends onto back side of Old Gold felt, leaving top 1/4” arch extending above. Let dry.
- 7. Adhere finished ornaments onto placemat. Let dry.
- 8. To make decorative ornament ball ties (shown hanging on tree), adhere finished ball ornament onto 2-3/4” Bright Red felt circle. Let dry. Insert length of gold cording through hanger.
by Alice Okon for The DMC Corp.