4th of July Party Set
sizes: invitation, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; hat favor, 3"x4-1/4"
- Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Real Red, Whisper White; Marco's Paper Matte White
- Bo Bunny Liberty Collection Papers, 12"x12": Liberty Dot, Liberty Sparkler
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, non-stick craft sheet, heat tool, sponge daubers, paper towels
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Americana Silhouettes Stamp Set
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Americana Background & Borders Embossing Folder Set
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Stars Embossing Folder
- Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Tidy Crafts Tidy Tray
- Stampin' Up! Embossing Buddy
- Silhouette Cameo Cutting System
- Computer with Internet connection
- Creations by AR Hat's Off Template (creationsbyar.com)
- Ranger Ink Pads: Tim Holtz Distress Faded Jeans, Fired Brick; Big and Bossy Clear Embossing Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Ranger Stickles Tiara Glitter Glue
- Spray bottle with water
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots, Scor-Pal Scor-Tap
- 1. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" red top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 4"x5-1/4" matte white cardstock panel; stamp blue Uncle Sam image in center. Adhere panel inside card.
- 3. Swipe anti-static bag over remaining sheet of matte white cardstock. Stamp word background image onto cardstock with embossing ink; heat emboss with clear powder. Trim image to 3-1/2"x4-3/4".
- 4. Dab Distress Inks onto separate areas of non-stick craft sheet. Spritz ink with water until color beads up. Swipe embossed cardstock through inks, lift, and heat set; repeat as desired. Remove ink from embossed areas with paper towel. (Note: Select the enlarge icon on image at left to view step-by-step images.)
- 5. Insert inked panel into Americana embossing folder, aligning images. Dry emboss panel. Sponge additional Faded Jeans ink around embossed areas to bring out texture.
- 6. Cut 3-3/4"x5" Whisper White cardstock panel. Mat embossed panel on white panel; adhere to card.
- 1. Download hat template from creationsbyar.com/HATS-OFF_p_120.html; there is a small fee for template.
- 2. Following manufacturer's instructions, open template with Silhouette Software. Use photo as guide to cut pieces from patterned papers; cut band from red cardstock and star from white cardstock. Emboss patterned hat crown with star embossing folder.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to score and assemble hat using Scor-Tape.
- 4. Accent all edges with glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. Use the hat favor template again next St. Patrick's Day. Cut pieces from green cardstock, add a black band and gold buckle, then fill with gold-wrapped chocolate coins.
by Lisa Somerville