Desert Oasis Arrangement
size: 12" tall
- FloraCraft Desert Foam Design It: Silk & Naturals Green Half Ball, 4-7/8
- Terra cotta clay saucer, 10” diameter
- Artificial greenery: Echveria, three 5-1/2”; wide blade plant; small-leaf plant bush; eucalyptus bushes, light green and dark green
- Sand and small gravel
- Stones, 1“-2” diameter
- Lightweight cardboard, 10” square
scissors, newspapers, empty vegetable can
- Design Master Products: Color Tool Spray Color, Vanilla and October Brown; Honey Home Décor Stain; Faux Solution
- Glue gun and sticks
- Floral cutter
- 1. Place upside down saucer on cardboard and trace around with pencil. Cut out circle with scissors. Set aside.
- 2. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, place saucer upside down on vegetable can (to elevate saucer). (Note: This allows painting outside and edge of saucer - not necessary to paint inside.) Spray paint saucer Vanilla. Let dry. Spray saucer October Brown and, while still wet, randomly sprinkle with sand. Let dry. Working on one side, spray random areas with Honey stain; while still wet, saturate with Faux Solution to let Honey blend and drip so that some Vanilla is exposed through October Brown. (Note: A unique reaction may cause interesting verdigris-look to appear.) Work and rework until desired look is achieved. Paint can be re-sprayed as needed. Paint other side of saucer in same way. Let dry.
- 3. Saucer will be inverted, so to protect table, glue cardboard circle onto top rim of saucer. Turn saucer over to create arrangement. Place Green Desert Foam Half Ball, flat side down, at 12 o'clock position on saucer. Use glue gun to attach. Referring to photo, plan greenery arrangement. Use floral cutter to trim stems as needed. Insert broad leaf plant in top, as far back as possible.
- 4. Insert sprigs from small-leaf plant bush among broad leaves. In front, insert sprigs of both light and dark green eucalyptus. Position and glue one Echveria to left center and one behind to right. Pull several petals off remaining Echveria, to make smaller, and glue to left front. If stems are loose, secure with hot glue. Arrange and glue stones. Sprinkle open areas of saucer with loose gravel.
- 5. To view from all sides, similarly fill in area behind foam ball half, using remaining greenery.
- 1. Separate leaves and insert each one individually into arrangement to create the look of leaves radiating out in three directions.
for Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.