Glitzy Cake Stand
- China plate, 10" diameter
- Crystal candlestick, 4" tall
- Chandelier prisms, 12
- Small white shirt buttons, 12
- Gold craft wire
- Round-nose pliers and wire cutters
- Dry erase marker
- Clear silicone adhesive
- 1. Cut 1-1/2" wire length. Use round-nose pliers to bend wire into “u” shape. Insert wire through buttonholes on buttons. Use round-nose pliers to twist two ends of wire into loops. Repeat to make 12 wired-buttons.
- 2. Measure and mark 1/2” from edge on back of china plate using dry erase marker. Continue around plate, marking 12 evenly-spaced dots. Use clear silicone adhesive to adhere flat side of each wired-button to each mark on back of plate.
- 3. Apply clear silicone adhesive to top of crystal candlestick. Press glued end of candlestick on center of back of plate.
- 4. Hook one chandelier crystal through each wire loop on back of plate.
- 1. Check out thrift stores or flea markets for lamps and other décor that are embellished with chandelier prisms for budget-friendly repurposing.
by Jennifer & Kitty O'Neil