Bride Aid Kit
- Natural lightweight canvas tote bags, two
foam plate for paint palette, iron, thin pressing cloth, scissors, permanent marker
- Tulip Fashion Glitter Multi Urban Shimmer Transfer Sheets
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paints: Crimson Red Matte, Azalea Matte, Platinum Metallic
- Tulip Fabric Paintbrushes: Flat, Small Round
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Adhesives: Sheets, Tape
- 1. Tape off square at top center on one tote bag. Mix Azalea and Crimson Soft Fabric Paints on palette to create honeysuckle color. Sprinkle in Silver Fine Jewel glitter to add sparkle to color. Apply honeysuckle glitter paint to taped-off square using Flat brush. Set aside.
- 2. Print out patterns. Position cross pattern on Silver Shimmer Transfer Sheet. Trace design with permanent marker and cut out. Peel protective film from top of cross; position cross shimmer side up on center of honeysuckle square. Place pressing cloth over cross and iron in place following manufacturer’s instructions.
- 3. Position “Bride Aid Kit” lettering inside tote so words show through. Use pencil to lightly trace words on tote. Use Round paintbrush to fill in lettering Platinum Metallic. Let dry.
- 4. To create pockets, cut straps and front and side panels from second tote bag. Cut front panel in half vertically. Place one cut panel face up and fold outside vertical edge up 1/2"; press. Flip panel and repeat, creating accordion fold. Repeat step to create accordion fold on other vertical edge of panel.
- 5. Press tape on inside folds of panels. Fold panels in half, creating pocket. Press adhesive sheets on back sides of pockets and press in place along bottom of tote. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to create three pockets total, adjusting sizes of pockets to fit tote bag.
- 6. Use Round paintbrush to paint rings and date on pockets Platinum Metallic. Let dry. Position gemstone pattern on Silver Shimmer Transfer Sheet. Trace design with permanent marker and cut out. Peel protective film from top of gemstone; position gemstone shimmer side up on top of one ring. Place pressing cloth over gemstone and iron in place following manufacturer’s instructions.
- 1. Insert a cardboard cutout inside tote when painting to prevent paint seepage to other side of tote.
by Annette Hough for iLoveToCreate