Paper Prayer Pouch
size: 8-1/2” square
- Scrapbook paper, 12" square
- Construction paper or cardstock, assorted colors
- Stickers: alphabet, flowers
- Glue stick
- 1. For pouch, fold four corners of scrapbook square to center, forming 8-1/2" square.
- 2. Measure and cut 4"x7" rectangle from construction paper of choice. Adhere rectangle onto pouch, covering points in center.
- 3. Measure and cut 3"x4-1/2" rectangle from another color construction paper. Center and adhere rectangle on other rectangle, overlapping one side. (Note: This creates area for "flap" (as on an envelope) to tuck into.)
- 4. Press alphabet stickers diagonally or horizontally across construction paper rectangles, spelling out "Prayers." Press flower stickers on rectangles as desired.
- 5. For cross, cut two 1/2"-wide strips from white or yellow construction paper. Cut one strip in half. Adhere strips on corner of pouch. Press flowers on cross as desired.
- 6. Use marker to outline letters, flowers, and rectangles.
- 1. Encourage kids to write prayer requests for others in their community or throughout the world who are in need of blessings.
by Annie Niemiec