1st Birthday Album
- Melissa Frances Vintage Attic Collection Bingo Album, 6"x8"
- Chipboard sheet
- Glassine envelopes
- American Crafts AC Cardstock: Kraft, White
- American Crafts Confetti Collection Papers
- Maya Road Yellow Leaf Trinket Pin
- Coordinating rhinestones
- Coordinating vintage buttons
- American Crafts Embellishments: Details Cake, Love Collection Tags, Remarks Pin the Tail Dimensional Stickers
- Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts Light Pink Chipboard, Pink Vinyl, Dark Pink Glitter Foam; BasicGrey Yellow Mini; Cosmo Cricket Teal Mini
- American Crafts Mixtape Stream Collection Decorative Tape
- Melissa Frances Birthday Rub-ons
- Pink grosgrain ribbon
- Brown/white baker's twine
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, hole punch
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Punches: EK Success Wavy Dot Border, Martha Stewart Crafts Starburst, Fiskars Mini and Large Stars, 1" circle, small and medium hearts, small flower
- White ink pad
- Pens: black journaling pen, white gel pen
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots, clear dots
- 1. If children will handle album, omit stick pin from bow; supervise children with album at all times.
- 1. Border punch strip from striped paper; machine stitch along straight edge and adhere border to left edge.
- 2. Cut brown paper panel and adhere to cover; machine stitch along panel edges.
- 3. Tear and adhere two strips of tape to top and bottom edges of brown panel; zig-zag stitch pink tape.
- 4. Add sticker title; machine stitch through yellow letters and outline "birthday" with white gel pen.
- 5. Tie pink ribbon to top ring; insert leaf pin through bow.
- 6. Sew twine through button; adhere to top corner with clear dot. Adhere cupcake embellishment.
- 1. Cut kraft cardstock to fit back of each album page; sponge edges with white ink.
- 2. Cut two strips of patterned paper and adhere to top and bottom of each page. Machine stitch along edges of each page.
- 3. Mat desired photos on white cardstock. For variety, double mat one or two photos on glassine envelope.
- 4. Use photo as guide to embellish kraft pages and bingo album pages with photos, mini alphabet stickers, rub-ons, punched shapes, and other embellishments. Adhere some embellishments with foam dots.
- 5. Add decorative stitching here and there on album pages.
- 6. Hand-cut banners and other embellishments from papers, if desired.
- 7. Apply rub-on phrases throughout album.
- 8. Thread buttons with twine and adhere with clear dots.
- 1. Create three envelope inserts for album. Cut open envelopes on long ends. Add strip of patterned paper and alphabet stickers to each envelope as shown.
- 2. Cut three kraft cardstock panels to fit inside envelopes. Machine stitch along edges of each panel and punch 1" half-circle notch in center of short, right edge. Sponge edges with white ink.
- 3. Punch three holes through folded end of each envelope/panel, aligning holes with bingo album page. Punch three small stars from kraft cardstock and adhere to envelope as reinforcements. Insert envelopes into album.
- 4. For "cupcake" envelope, adhere photo and add handwritten journaling to panel.
- 5. For "family" envelope, use wallet-size photos of guests and strip of white cardstock to create mini accordion album. Adhere back of album to kraft panel. Handwrite journaling on back inside panel.
- 6. For "party" envelope (not shown), repeat Step 5 using celebration, cake, gift, and/or more party guest photos. For front cover of mini accordion album, adhere party-themed sticker and add handwritten journaling.
- 7. Fold over open end of each bag and close with dimensional sticker.
- 1. Don’t be afraid to alter stickers or envelopes to fit the needs and design of your album. Designer Jill Cornell added rub-ons and rhinestones to several stickers. She also cut apart the sides of the glassine envelopes to hold cardstock tags and to allow them to open easier; a dimensional sticker makes a great envelope closure.
by Jill Cornell