Button Charm Bracelet
Sometimes the perfect accent to an outfit is the crisp, clean tones of white. The charms on this fun bracelet were created using a variety of flat white buttons.
- Medium-weight bright silver cable chain, 7” long
- White assorted flat buttons (new or vintage), 7/16” to 5/8”, 18
- Crystal faceted rondelles glass beads, 4x6mm, 18
- Cast metal silver beads, 18
- Silver wire, 20-gauge, 1-1/2” lengths, 18
- Bright silver-plated findings: jump rings, 6mm, 20; lobster clasp, 15mm
- Wire cutters
- Pliers: round-nose, needle-nose
- 1. Size is 5" diameter.
- 1. Open jump ring, insert through eyelet in lobster clasp and end link of chain, and close tightly. Open jump ring, insert through link on opposite end of chain, and close tightly.
- 2. Use round-nose pliers to bend one end of wire length into loop. Place crystal bead and silver bead on straight end of wire. Bend wire over beads slightly, about 3/8” from end. Insert wire end through hole in bead. Continue to bend wire end until it touches silver button. Tighten loop above beads so beads do not hang loosely from wire.
- 3. Open jump ring, insert through loop above beads and second loop in chain, and close jump ring tightly.
- 4. Continue attaching beads and buttons to wire pieces and to every other chain on bracelet, following Steps 2 and 3.
- 1. When opening jump rings, use round-nose pliers to hold jump ring in one hand, and needle-nose pliers to twist jump ring open using other hand.
by Mary Ayres