Beaded Friendship Branch Candle Wrap
size: 5-1/2” tall
- Pillar candle, 3”
- Assorted beads, 30
- Variety of beads for personal bead
- Gold wire, 24-gauge, 8’ length
- Wire cutters
- 1. Directions are provided for a party of 10. Each person attending will receive three beads from each guest.
- 1. Ask guests to distribute their beads.
- 2. Have each guest choose one personal bead that best represents them. This bead will be used at the end of the branch.
- 3. Slide one bead to wire center; fold wire in half.
- 4. Twist wire five times to secure first bead and form main branch. Separate wires into two tails.
- 5. Slide next bead onto one wire tail, 1/4” to 1/2” from main branch. Fold wire and twist to main branch.
- 6. Bring both tails together and twist four to six times to continue main branch. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 with opposite tail. Continue securing beads to stems, alternating between wire tails. Vary the amount of twists throughout stems and branch for added interest.
- 7. After all 30 beads are secured to wire, twist remaining wire together and slide on personal bead. Tuck wire end into bead to fasten. Coil wire into spiral.
- 8. Wrap completed branch around candle. If needed, insert pins through wires and into candle to secure. Bend branch and stems to shape around candle.
- 1. Add visual interest by stringing small silver or gold charms, ceramic shapes, or other embellishments to beaded branches.
by Lisa Bychowski