Because I Care Card
Show someone how much you care with this pretty, floral-patterned card adorned with a delicate filigree butterfly. Lacey, scalloped edges and a sweet sentiment will warm their heart.
- Bazzill Basics Paper Peach Cardstock
- Kaisercraft These Days Collection Papers: Family, Generation, Reunion, Tradition
- Kaisercraft Ivory Adhesive Pearls
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, low-tack masking tape
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Borderabilities Card Creator A2 Scalloped Borders One (S5-182), Shapeabilities Les Papillions Two (S4-395)
- JustRite Papercraft Hugs & Kisses Sentiments Stamp Set
- Clearsnap ColorBox Stylus
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Ink Pads: Tuxedo Black, Potter’s Clay
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Light Peach Marker
- Beacon Adhesives Advanced 3-in-1 Glue
- 1. Make 6”x4-1/2” peach top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 6”x4-1/2” striped paper panel. With stripes placed perpendicular to cutting line of die, die cut/emboss bottom edge using A2 Scalloped Borders One #7 die. With marker, outline scalloped edge. Adhere panel to card.
- 3. Cut 6”x3” peach dot paper panel. Die cut/emboss bottom edge with #4 and #5 border dies, placing dies side by side on paper to create nested effect before cutting; see tip. Adhere to card.
- 4. Cut 6”x2” blue paper panel; die cut/emboss bottom edge with #5 border die. Adhere to card.
- 5. Cut 6”x1-3/4” small floral paper panel; die cut/emboss bottom edge with #6 border die.
- 6. Die cut/emboss Les Papillions Two butterfly shapes as follows: #2 shadow shape from peach cardstock; #2 filigree shape from Tradition paper. To stencil, leave paper in shadow die and use sponge dauber to apply Potter’s Clay ink through openings.
- 7. Layer and adhere butterfly pieces to card as shown, placing adhesive under body sections only and leaving wings free. Color two pearls with marker; adhere one to butterfly’s body and one to upper left corner of card.
- 8. Stamp Tuxedo Black sentiment at lower right. Color three pearls with marker and adhere to card beneath sentiment.
- 1. Use painter’s tape to hold coordinating die templates together, such as A2 Scalloped Borders One #4 and #5 dies. Lay taped pieces onto paper, and then cut/emboss.
by Darsie Bruno for Spellbinders Paper Arts