Gerber Daisy Address Plaque
A personalized address plaque provides a unique finishing touch for your home. Each tile displays an ideal design, perfectly suited for any time of year.
- Wood Items and More House Sign with Five Tiles (874-025)
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Black, Black Cherry, Bubble Gum, Crimson, Dark Foliage Green, Eggplant, Fuchsia, GP Purple, Light Foliage Green, Magenta, Opaque Yellow, Passion, Poppy Orange, Pumpkin, Purple, Rain Grey, Rooster Red, White
sandpaper, painter’s tape, transfer paper, stylus
- Loew-Cornell Russian Fitch Series 410 Deerfoot Stippler 1/4”
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon Acrylic Handle Paintbrushes: Series 7000C Round #2, #5; Series 7300C Shader #6; Series 7550C Glaze/Wash 3/4”; Series 7350C Liner 10/0
- Delta: Ceramcoat Artist Gesso; Matte Exterior/Interior Varnish
- 1. Size is 16”x6-1/2”.
- Prepare Surface
- 1. Apply gesso to all surface areas. Let dry. Lightly sand. Apply second coat to fill wood grain. Let dry.
- 2. For three-number address, basecoat three tiles Black and two tiles White. For four-number address, basecoat three tiles White and two tiles Black. For two-number address, basecoat two tiles Black and two tiles White. For five number address, basecoat all tiles Black.
- 3. Apply painter’s tape to front of frame along top and bottom edges. Basecoat outer frame edges Black. Let dry. Remove tape.
- 4. Print out patterns. Transfer solid diamond pattern onto frame. Basecoat solid diamonds Black. Let dry. Transfer lined diamond pattern and paint Rain Grey. Using photo as guide, transfer daisy pattern onto corners of black tiles.
- Paint Design
- 1. Refer to Worksheet to paint daisies. See Worksheet. Use drybrush method, in paint order given, to paint each daisy’s petals.
- Pink Daisy
- 1. For petals, use equal mix of Eggplant + Magenta, Magenta, Fuchsia, and equal mix of Fuchsia + Bubble Gum. Add touches of GP Purple here and there.
- 2. For flower center, load deerfoot stippler with Eggplant and lightly stipple center. Let dry. Wipe brush on paper towel. Load dirty brush with small amount of Magenta. Stipple center again, allowing Eggplant to show around edges. In same manner, wipe brush, load dirty brush with small amount of Fuchsia, and stipple center covering even less area. Use stylus to dip-dot along outer edges of center in following order: Opaque Yellow, Eggplant, Magenta, Fuchsia, and Bubble Gum.
- Red Daisy
- 1. For petals, use Black Cherry, mix of Rooster Red + touch of Black Cherry, Crimson, mix of Crimson + touch of Poppy Orange, and mix of Crimson + touch of Opaque Yellow. Add touches of Opaque Yellow here and there.
- 2. Stipple centers in same manner as “Pink Daisy” in following colors: Black Cherry, Rooster Red, Crimson. Dip-dot outer edges Opaque Yellow, Black Cherry, Rooster Red, Crimson, and Poppy Orange.
- Orange Daisy
- 1. For petals, use equal mix of Poppy Orange + Black Cherry, Poppy Orange, equal mix of Poppy Orange + Pumpkin, Pumpkin, and mix of Pumpkin + touch of Opaque Yellow. Add touches of Opaque Yellow here and there.
- 2. Stipple centers in same manner as above in following colors: equal mix of Poppy Orange + Black Cherry, Poppy Orange, Pumpkin. Dip-dot along outer edges of centers Opaque Yellow, Black Cherry, Poppy Orange, and Pumpkin.
- Purple Daisy
- 1. For petals, use mix of Purple + touch of Passion, Passion, (3:1) mix of Passion + GP Purple, and mix of GP Purple + touch of Passion. Add touches of Magenta here and there.
- 2. Stipple centers Purple, Passion, and GP Purple. Dip-dot Opaque Yellow, Purple, Passion, GP Purple.
- 1. Transfer three-number address onto center tiles as shown. For four-number address, transfer numbers across three white center tiles. For five-number address, use photo as guide to paint daisies and numbers like that of “8” in design.
- 2. For white numbers on black tiles, load shader with gesso and paint number until opaque; let dry. Basecoat White.
- 3. For black numbers on white tiles, basecoat number Black. Use #2 round to add gesso highlight stroke. Double-load liner with Light Foliage Green and Dark Foliage Green to paint vines. Double-load #2 round with same colors to stroke leaves.
- 1. Apply several coats of varnish.
- 1. For clean, crisp lines on diamond pattern, use painter’s tape to mask off sections.
by Linda Hollander