American Spirit Card
- Cardstock: red, navy, kraft, Arjo Wiggins Cryogen White Curious Iridescent
- Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho Soup 6"x6" Paper Pad
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Metal Memo Pin
- Wooden buttons: red, navy, Kaisercraft Homemade Collection Natural
- May Arts Twine: Red, Navy, Natural
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Heartfelt Creations Patriotic Phrases PreCut Stamp Set
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Nestabilities Dies: Classic Scalloped Rectangles SM, Classic Rectangles LG
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark Dazzle Champagne; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Old Paper, Chipped Sapphire, Winter Limited Edition Festive Berries
- Adhesives: 3M Scotch Brand ATG Runner, Therm O Web Zots Glue Dots, foam dots, glue gun
- 1. Make 6"x6" top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 5-1/2" star paper square and 5-3/4" red cardstock square. Sponge edges of star square with Old Paper ink. Layer and adhere papers to card.
- 3. Wrap navy twine several times around top of card front; knot to secure.
- 4. Stamp Festive Berries flag onto white cardstock. Die cut image into rectangle; sponge edges Old Paper. Die cut slightly larger navy scalloped rectangle. Adhere rectangles together with adhesive runner.
- 5. Stamp Chipped Sapphire flag onto white cardstock scrap. Cut star field from blue flag; sponge with Old Paper ink. Adhere star field to red image with clear dots.
- 6. Cut 1-1/2"x5-1/4" red cardstock strip. Using Dazzle Champagne ink, randomly stamp stars over strip. Stamp Tuxedo Black sentiment onto strip. Adhere strip to card with adhesive runner.
- 7. Add memo pin to bottom of flag image and foam dots to back. Adhere image to card, tucking memo pin behind red sentiment strip.
- 8. Thread buttons with contrasting twine; knot at back to secure. Adhere large button with glue gun; adhere smaller buttons with clear dots.
- 1. Use clear adhesive dots to add very subtle dimension to card layers; use foam dots where you need more pop.
by Candy Slabaugh