Apple For the Teacher Card
- White cardstock
- Karen Foster Design School Collection Writing Practice Paper
- Karen Foster Design School Collection Lil' Stacks Dimensional Sticker
- Coin envelope, #3
- Felt: red, green, tan
- Blue baby rick rack trim
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- Papertrey Ink Friendship Jar Stamp Set
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Electronic cutting system and Silhouette Green Apple Cutting File
- EK Success Paper Shapers Circle Punch, 1-1/8"
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Old Paper
- Therm O Web Adhesives: SuperStik Permanent Glue Stick, XL Permanent Tape Runner
- 1. Use cutting software to create card base. Open apple file; replicate and flip copy horizontally to get mirror image. Move mirror image so that right side is slightly overlapping left side of original image; weld and cut out to create apple-shaped card.
- 2. Remove die-cut apple from cardstock, and use remaining outline as template to cut out felt pieces as follows: red apple, tan stem, green leaf. Adhere felt pieces to card front using glue stick.
- 3. Sew straight stitch around edges of card front.
- 4. Trim top from coin envelope to create 3”-tall pocket. Cover pocket with lined paper; punch semi-circular notch in top edge.
- 5. Stamp “just for you” in black ink near bottom right corner. Sponge paper edges with Old Paper ink.
- 6. Adhere school sticker to front of pocket; tie with rick rack as shown. Adhere pocket to card front using glue stick.
- 1. Coin envelopes are inexpensive and a great on-hand supply – perfectly sized to hold gift cards and lots of fun to embellish!
by Alice Golden