Birthday Cupcake Card
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: Cone, 2”x3”; Ball, 2”
- Green/white dot paper
- White tissue paper
- Cupcake liner
- Purple washi tape
- Tiny multicolored alphabet stickers
- Transparency embellishment
- Wooden sandwich toothpick
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, serrated knife, ruler, pencil, bar of soap or wax candle, paintbrush, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Pink acrylic paint
- Martha Stewart Crafts Turquoise Holographic Multi Media Glitter
- Crystal glitter glue
- EK Success Fastenater Stapler and Green Staple
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge, low-temp glue gun and sticks
- 1. Make 5-1/2”x4-1/4” green dot top-fold card.
- 2. Wax serrated knife with soap or candle. Use knife to cut foam cone and ball in half from top to bottom so shapes will rest flat on card front. Cut point from cone to create cupcake base; cut bottom from ball so it will rest flat on base.
- 3. Tear tissue paper into several small pieces. Using foam brush, apply Mod Podge to surface of foam half-ball and cover with tissue pieces to create “icing”; let dry.
- 4. Cut cupcake liner in half to cover cupcake base. Test fit. Adhere liner to base using glue gun. Place cupcake top and base on flat surface; adhere pieces together using glue gun.
- 5. Staple overlay to upper half of card front as shown; trim even with card edge. Adhere letter stickers to spell “celebrate.”
- 6. Use glue gun to adhere cupcake to card.
- 7. Paint toothpick pink; let dry. Cut and fold washi tape strip around top of toothpick; trim into flag shape. Insert flag into cupcake.
- 8. Brush top of cupcake with glitter glue; sprinkle with chunky glitter. Let dry.
- 1. Did you miss the July 17th edition of Crafts ‘n things Weekly? It featured a fun faux-ice pop card. Become a subscriber to get access to all back issues now.
by Patty Schaffer for The Dow Chemical Co.