Safari Print Deco Spheres
size: 4" diameter
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam balls, 4”
- Animal print tissue paper
scissors, pencil, jar or container, paintbrush or foam brush, wooden skewer or chopstick
- Plaid Matte Mod Podge
- 1. Insert chopstick or wooden skewer into bottom of 4” ball. (Note: This will serve as handle.) Mark center top of ball with pencil.
- 2. Print out pattern. Cut six sections from tissue paper for each ball. Make small snips in edges of each piece to help paper fit flat against curved surface of ball.
- 3. Spread generous layer of Mod Podge onto section of ball from top to bottom.
- 4. Position tip of first tissue section at chopstick. Gently place tissue on ball so tip of other end touches pencil dot at top. Carefully smooth down tissue paper with fingertips.
- 5. Gently spread generous coat of Mod Podge on top of tissue section. Repeat, slightly overlapping tissue pieces. Position handle in jar or container while ball dries.
- 6. Brush on two to three more coats of Mod Podge, letting ball dry between each coat.
- 7. When completely dry, twist chopstick out of ball. Cover bottom hole with 1/4” square of tissue paper; apply Mod Podge to seal.
- 1. Arrange deco spheres in a vase, flat dish, or on a metallic tray for an eye-catching centerpiece or table design.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.