- Canvas frame, 5”x7”
- Wooden items: large circle (face), jumbo craft stick (body), two craft stick minis (arms)
- Fibre-Craft Dotty Alphabet Foam Stickers
- Ribbon: pink, 3” lengths, two; white, 5” length
- Jute twine or yarn
black marker, ruler, scissors, white copy paper, transfer paper, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Blue Chiffon, Light Buttermilk, Oyster Pearl, White Wash, Baby Blue, Flesh Tone, Lamp Black, Sable Brown, True Red
- Large flower foam stamps, in three designs of choice
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- 1. On covered work surface, paint frame Blue Chiffon. Let dry. Dab White Wash onto flower stamp; stamp frame. Repeat using Light Buttermilk with another flower stamp and Oyster Pearl with different flower stamp. Let dry.
- 2. Print out patterns onto white copy paper. Transfer pattern onto jumbo craft stick and circle. Draw sleeve lines on mini sticks.
- 3. Paint: arms, knees, and face Flesh Tone; sleeves and shirt Baby Blue; vest, shorts, and socks Sable Brown. Drybrush cheeks True Red. Dot eyes Lamp Black.
- 4. Use marker to outline body, color shoes, draw smile and knee lines, and dot buttons.
- 5. Adhere jute twine or yarn around face (hair); tie ribbon bows on ends. Adhere white ribbon around neck (tie). Adhere face on body.
- 6. Adhere body on frame and arms on sides. Press alphabet stickers along top of frame.
- 1. Cut an inexpensive sponge into scraps. Use scraps to dab paint onto flower stamps.
by Linda Valentino