Vintage Ladies Domino Bracelet
- Double-drilled dominoes, 3/4"x1-1/2", five
- Vintage ephemera or clip art
- Crystal bicones (Swarovski), 4mm, 24: Topaz; Jet
- CZ-Gem Dropz (Beadalon): Champagne: 5mm, eight; 7mm, four; Silver Jump Rings: 3.5mm, eight; 4mm, four
- Memory Wire End Caps (Beadalon), 4mm cube, four
- Bright Remembrance Memory Wire (Beadalon): Bracelet size
- BeadFix SuperFast Adhesive (Beadalon)
- Adirondack Pigment Pen (Ranger): Pitch Black
- Inkssentials Pen (Ranger): Opaque White
- Prismacolor Fine Point Metallic Art Marker (Sanford): Gold
- Colored pencils
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- Tools (Beadalon): Memory Wire Shears; Chain-Nose Pliers
- Acrylic Crystal Clear (Krylon): Satin
- 1. Use Memory Shears or heavy-duty wire nips to cut two 9" loops from memory wire.
- 2. Use Bead Fix to attach bead cap to one end of each wire; set aside to dry.
- 3. Use pencil to trace domino shape onto images; use craft knife to cut out along traced lines.
- 4. Glue images to smooth side of dominoes; let dry. Use sandpaper or emery board to remove excess paper from edges.
- 5. Use black pigment pen to color sides of dominoes.
- 6. Use colored pencils and white and metallic pens to color images.
- 7. Apply several light coats of acrylic spray to dominoes, letting dry between coats.
- 8. String topaz bead, two jet beads and topaz bead onto each wire strand.
- 9. String rest of bracelet in following order: topaz bead; jet bead; 5mm CZ drop on 3.5mm jump ring; jet bead; topaz bead; next domino.
- 10. After stringing last domino, finish with topaz bead, two jet beads, and topaz bead. Trim memory wire leaving 1/4" tail, then use Bead Fix to attach remaining end caps.
- 11. When dry, use 4mm jump rings to attach 7mm CZ drops to end caps. Design by Rebecca Peck.
- 1. Use larger dominoes to make coordinating brooches.
- 2. Instead of using images from vintage books, try stamps or visit thevintageworkshop.com for a variety of downloadable vintage images
by Rebecca Peck