Chic Wrapped Wreath
- Foam wreath, 12”
- White silk velvet
- Floral wire
- Hanger of choice
scissors, pencil, ruler or measuring tape, plastic sheeting (to cover work surface), rubber gloves
- Tulip Permanent Fabric Dye: Gray, Purple, Teal
- Needle and thread
- Aleene's Adhesives: Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheets, Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape, Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- 1. Apply strip of Peel & Stick Tape around outside of wreath. Peel backing away from tape as you wrap yarn around wreath. Once desired coverage of wreath is achieved, trim end and tuck under yarn wraps to conceal.
- 2. Cover work surface with plastic sheeting. Wearing gloves, follow instructions in Step 4 of Velvet Pumpkin Pizzazz project to dye velvet.
- 3. Create rosette by cutting a velvet piece approximately 2”x12”; fold in half, wrong sides facing, and baste raw edge. Trim excess fabric 1/4” from basted seam. Gather fabric. Cut 2” circle from Peel & Stick Sheet and peel away top paper. Starting at center position of circle, adhere pointed tip of gathered fabric and wrap fabric around to form rosette. Press to secure.
- 4. Bend floral wire into shape of leaf. Apply Peel & Stick Tape to wire leaf shape. Stretch velvet piece across wire and wrap around onto back. Pull fabric to back and press to secure to adhesive. Trim away excess. Apply Fabric Peel & Stick Sheets to felt. Use pencil to trace leaf onto paper backing; cut along line. Peel paper backing and secure to back side of leaf.
- 5. Assemble wreath by pushing leaf stem wires into wreath. Adhere feather to wreath using Tacky Glue. Let dry. Peel paper backing from rosette and adhere as desired.
- 6. Adhere hanger of choice on back of wreath.
- 1. Keep yarn wraps close to one another but don’t stretch too tightly, so yarn stays full and fluffy.
by Allee Marderosian and Jennifer Davey for iLoveToCreate