Pink Sugar Beaded Jewelry
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Candy Pink Clay
- Buttons Galore & More Clear Micro Beads
- Swarovski Elements Round Crystal Beads: 8mm, 6mm, 4mm
- Darice Gunmetal Findings Starter Kit in Caddy (kit contains string, jump rings, ear wire, crimp beads and clasp)
paintbrush, toothpick, piercing needle
- Polyform: Translucent Liquid Sculpey, Sculpey Glaze
- Pasta machine or rolling pin, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Circle cookie cutter
- Needle-nose pliers, wire cutters
- 1. Condition clay on clean work surface. Use cookie cutter to cut clay into 59 circle shapes. For smallest balls, use two pieces; for medium balls, use three pieces; for large balls, use four pieces; and for extra-large center ball, use five pieces. (Note: Using cookie cutter allows you to create beads that are consistent in size.)
- 2. Roll beads into spheres. Press piercing needle through one side of sphere and then through other.
- 3. Use paintbrush to apply Translucent Liquid Sculpey onto beads. Place bead in micro beads and roll around, covering completely. Gently pat micro beads into place if needed. Once all clay beads are covered, position on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay beads in oven. Let cool.
- 4. For 16” necklace, cut 35” string length; fold in half. Place string through crimp bead, add jump ring, then run string back through crimp bead and crimp in place. String crystals between faux sugar beads as you string necklace, using 8mm crystals around large and center beads, 6mm crystals around medium beads, and 4mm crystals around small beads.
- 5. After last faux sugar bead, string crystals until desired length is achieved.
- 6. Thread string end through crimp bead, add jump ring, then run string back through crimp bead and crimp in place. Open additional jump ring; add lobster claw clasp and secure to other jump ring. See Photo 1.
- 1. Using two leftover clay beads of the same size, make earrings by stringing the crystals and faux sugar beads onto eyepins.
- 2. Form loop at end of eyepins and secure to ear wires.
- 1. When applying micro beads on clay beads, work over a small paper plate. Roll clay beads in micro beads and then easily pour remaining micro beads back into bottle.
by Niki Meiners