“Believe in a Cure” T-shirt
- Neenah White EPC Film
- Tulip Fuchsia One Step Tie Dye
- Cotton t-shirt
water, plastic wrap or bag, plastic tablecloth, iron
- Cricut Personal Die Cutter, Mat, Calligraphy Cartridge, Tool Kit
- 1. Wash t-shirt without fabric softener. Do not dry.
- 2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Place damp t-shirt on protected work surface.
- 3. Using your fingertips, scrunch t-shirt together. See Photo 1. (see photos)
- 4. Wearing gloves from dye kit, mix dye in bottle provided following manufacturer’s instructions. Randomly squeeze dye on t-shirt. See Photo 2 and 3. (see photos)
- 5. Wrap t-shirt in plastic and let set for 6-8 hours. See Photo 4. (see photos)
- 6. Rinse shirt in running water until water runs clear. Wash and dry shirt separately.
- 7. Position EPC Film on mat. Follow film manufacturer’s instructions to create word “Believe” measuring 2”x9” and sentence “in a cure” measuring 1”x9” using machine and dies. Cut out words in reverse.
- 8. Peel away excess paper around words and saying. Position “Believe” and “in a cure” on shirt so words appear in correct direction. See Photo 5. (see photos)
- 9. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to iron saying on shirt for one minute; let cool. Peel backing off shirt. See Photo 6. (see photos)
- 1. Remember to remove waste paper completely from each letter, ie: the inside areas of “e”, etc. If EPC film doesn’t fully attach after ironing, re-iron area and let cool.
by Ann Butler Designs