Butterfly Faux Copper Patina Paper Jewelry
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Metallic: Copper; Creme Brulee; Prismatics: Desert Coral Dark; Birchtone Light
- Assorted coordinating beads from local craft store
- Powder Green acrylic paint (Anita’s)
- Accu-flex 21-strand beading wire
- Sterling silver findings (Fire Mountain Gems): eye pin, 1/2”; French earring hooks, two; necklace clasp; crimp beads
- Stamp sets (Innovative Stamp Creations): Nature Silhouette I; Art 4 Frames
- Brilliance ink pads (Tsukineko): Graphite Black; Coffee Bean; Pearlescent Beige
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Textile Texture (ProvoCraft)
- Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders): Standard Scalloped Circle; Standard Classic Circle
- Wizard Die Cutting Machine (Spellbinders)
- Copper Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Crackle Accents (Ranger Industries)
- Cosmetic-wedge sponge
- Hole punch (Fiskars): 1/16”
- E-Z Runner Scrapbook Adhesives (3L)
- Heat gun
- Jewelry tools: pliers; crimp tool
- 1. Die cut medium standard scalloped circle and two small standard classic circles from Copper Metallic cardstock. Use textile texture embossing folder to emboss.
- 2. Sponge top surfaces with Powder Green paint and gently wipe away excess to create “faux patina” finish. Set aside to dry.
- 3. Die cut medium standard classic circle from Creme Brulee cardstock. Run it through the die cut machine again with tan embossing mat for embossed edge.
- 4. Turn over so embossed area is indented. Use leafing pen to edge entire circle. When dry, use Coffee Bean ink to stamp small butterfly. Heat set to dry. Fill embossed indented area with Crackle Accents and set aside to dry.
- 5. For earrings, punch hole in top of both small circles. Use leafing pen to edge entire circle. Thread small bead onto eye pin and use pliers to make loop at straight end, inserting small circle before closing. Open French ear wire loop and insert eye pin, then close. Repeat for remaining earring.
- 6. For pendant, punch hole in top of large scalloped circle. Thread small bead onto small eye pin and make loop in straight end, inserting largest scalloped circle before closing, in same way as the earrings. Adhere butterfly to the middle of the scalloped circle.
- 7. Attach jump ring to one end of beading wire. String beads as desired, pendant, then continue pattern for opposite side of necklace. Attach clasp to remaining wire end.
- 8. Cut panel from Birchtone Light cardstock. Use Coffee Bean ink to stamp Nature Silhouette I on bottom. Use Graphite Black and Pearlescent Beige to stamp several butterflies. Use leafing pen to edge panel, then mat onto Desert Coral Dark cardstock.
- 9. Cut two slits in the top left and right panel edges and poke two holes to hold the earrings. Place the necklace inside slits and earrings in holes.
by Keri Lee Sereika