Embrace Life Sketchbook
- Michaels Artist’s Loft Canvas Sketch Book, 8-3/4”x10-1/2”
- Anna Griffin Palmer Collection Papers, 12”x12”: Tropical Floral, Wavy Pink, Pink Floral
- White printer paper
- Anna Griffin Palmer Collection Die-Cut Embellishments
- Stampin’ Up! Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric Brads
- Pink seam binding
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, small hole punch, spray box or non-stick craft sheet
- Stamps: Stampin’ Up! Morning Post Alphabet Set, Embrace Life; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz The Moment (K5-1211)
- The Crafter’s Workshop Dylusions Dotted Flowers Stencil
- Ranger Archival Ink Pads: Jet Black, Magenta Hue
- Ranger Dylusions Bubblegum Pink Ink Spray
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Worn Lipstick Crackle Paint
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools Collage Glue Stick
- 1. Using included brush, paint canvas cover Worn Lipstick; crackled finish will develop as paint dries. Let dry completely.
- 2. Place journal inside spray box or onto non-stick craft sheet. Place dots stencil over bottom right corner of cover; mask rest of cover with printer paper. Spritz stencil with spray ink. Remove scrap paper and carefully lift stencil straight up. Turn stencil face down on opposite corner of cover; rub over stencil to transfer ink. Let dry completely.
- 3. Cut 5-3/8”x7” pink wave paper panel. Cut 2”x7” tropical floral strip; adhere to pink wave panel. Tear bottom edge of paper; adhere to cover as shown.
- 4. Cut 4-1/8”x2-1/2” tag from green side of pink floral paper. Stamp pink “ART” and black “embrace life” sentiments. Punch hole in end of tag. Fold length of seam binding in half; punch hole near fold. Insert brad through tag and ribbon; adhere tag to book cover.
- 5. Detail cut large pink flower from tropical floral paper; trim and adhere to bottom right corner of cover. Adhere compass die cut to cover as shown.
- 6. Stamp black “moment” sentiment in upper left corner.
- 1. Create art prompts on several journal pages to encourage exploration of new techniques and materials, especially helpful on “crafter’s block” days.
by Dawn Gehring